Glowing Skin Adaptogenic Elixir Recipe
Regardless of age or gender, we all want that tell-tale sign of health and vitality: glowing skin. Is drinking an adaptogenic latte going to suddenly take 10 years off your perceived age? Doubtful, though we're happy to help summon the powers of suggestion so you see yourself as beautiful as we do, you shining light of exquisitely flawed, intricately crafted humanness!
However. This Glowing Skin Recipe Bundle brings a couple of wonderful things together to help give you a little extra glow:
• The Rasa formula contains chicory, burdock, and dandelion, a powerhouse of prebiotic herbs which support gentle detoxification of liver and lymph (we'll talk more about the importance of the liver in skin health below!), as well as supporting healthy digestion. All of this means your body is more able to detox out its "normal" routes (read: pee and poo) as opposed to having to force excess toxins out the skin. The skin is the largest organ of detoxification in the body, however if your skin is lackluster, breaking out, or otherwise not glowing and healthful, it can be a sign that the liver and digestive system are bogged down and could use a little extra support!
• Plant Collagen Booster, which doesn't contain collagen (a la collagen peptides and that sorta thing), but actually contains several herbs that help your body's innate collagen and keratin production.
• Tocos, which are straight food for the skin—high in bio-available vitamin E and selenium, both of which support healthy, glowing skin.
• Stevia helps to balance the bitterness of the recipe (the Plant Collagen is biiitttttter!), and while keeping the recipe low-glycemic which helps reduce skin puffiness. Ever noticed how when you eat a bunch of sugar, your skin ain't lookin' so hot the next day? Additionally, stevia has been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties—extra win for your skin!
Glowing Skin Adaptogenic Elixir Latte
1.5 c brewed Original Rasa
2 heaping tbsp Tocos
1 level tsp Plant Collagen
20 drops Real Stevia*
Blend all ingredients on high until frothy and enjoy!
* That might seem like a ton of stevia, but this stevia is much different than most!
For extra froth: Add 1-2 tsp MCT, coconut oil, or ghee.
Ginger Cinnamon: Ginger root is another great lymph detoxifier, and cinnamon helps with blood circulation. Add 1/4 tsp dried ginger (or 1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger) + 1/2 tsp cinnamon for some extra skin-loving and soothing, warming spice.
About That Bitterness
Bitter is one of the six tastes in Ayurveda, and is painfully under-appreciated in our culture. The bitter taste is an especially important one for skin health and glow, because bitter herbs and foods promote liver detoxification. The more your liver is doing its job, the less your skin has to take the burden of detoxification. So we wholeheartedly encourage you to expand your palate to love bitter! And if you want to play with that more, you can experiment with using 15, or even 10, drops of stevia in your latte. But even at 20, your body and tongue will be getting a nice little dose of bitter :)
This might be the biggest "duh" ever, but just in case, and just to ram it home: you're made of water. Drink lots of it. Ever notice how as you get old, you start looking more like a raisin? You're drying out. Help that not happen by drinking veritable sh*ttons of water. Warm or hot water with lemon is also great to support that whole liver thing. Start your mornings that way and watch your skin shine!