Simple Ways to Brew Rasa
THIS IS HOW WE BREW IT
...it’s Friday niiiighht!
Hah! Okay, only half kidding. It’s Wednesday night as I write this, and really any time is great for Rasa. I just happen to be a ‘90’s baby who thinks she’s funny.
But for real, let’s get down to it. We’ve made Rasa much simpler to brew, yay!
Whichever way you Rasa, the brewing ratio is always:
1 slightly rounded tablespoon (7g) per 8 ounces (1c) of water.
(Or more if you like your Rasa strong!)
All Rasas can be brewed in the following ways:
- French press: 10+ minute brew time.
- Espresso machine: put one tablespoon Rasa into the portafilter, do not tamp, and then pull a double-double. Yes, you read that correctly, two double shots. Keep in mind, all machines are a bit different, so you may need to keep trying ‘til you find the best way for you and your machine.
- Aeropress: 10 minute brew time. Invert the aeropress, squeeze out the Rasa nectar with patience.
- Keurig: with reusable K-cups...eco-friendly! Just use no more than 1-1.5 tbsp of Rasa and brew it on the strongest setting.
- Moka pot: you don’t need to pack the bottom all the way, you can still use 1 tbsp per shot/latte
- Percolator: all percolators are different, but generally they’ll switch to the warming setting when brewing’s done!
- Tea infuser/disposable tea bag: cover the pot or mug while it brews & keep that water hot!
Original and Cacao Rasa can also be brewed on the stove.
Either place the herbs directly in a pot or into a brew bag for easy clean up. Add to boiling water, COVER THE POT, and allow them to simmer on med-low for 10-15 minutes. Strain the herbs or remove the brew bag, and drink up!
Please, don’t put these precious herbs in a pour-over or drip coffee machine!
While it might seem like these methods would work, the extraction time is not long enough to get all the benefits out of the roots and mushrooms. Like so many of us, they need some solid time in hot water to unfold and offer up the good stuff.
For your throwback viewing pleasure and a solid 3 minute dance party (if you’re like me, play it on repeat while you wait for your Rasa to brew and clean the dishes from last night’s dinner): https://bit.ly/1nnorSC