Simple Ways to Brew Rasa
THIS IS HOW WE BREW IT
...it’s Friday niiiighht!
1 tbsp (7.5g) per 8 oz (1c) of water.
(Or more if you like your Rasa strong!)
Rasa can be brewed in the following ways:
- French press (recommended): 10-15+ minute brew time.
- Pour over: ONLY use a pour over if you can control brew time! Otherwise you won't get a full extraction. This pourover works beautifully for Rasa—just let it brew for 10-15+ mins.
- Espresso machine: Put 1 tbsp Rasa in portafilter, do not tamp, & pull a double-double. Yes, two double shots. All machines are a bit different—you may need to experiment to find the best way for your machine!
- Aeropress: 10 minute brew time. Invert the Aeropress, press out the Rasa with patience.
- Keurig: With reusable K-cups! Use no more than 1.5 tbsp of Rasa & brew on strongest setting. All machines are a bit different—you may need to experiment to find the best way for your machine!
- Moka pot: Use 1 tbsp per shot/latte (don't pack the bottom full!)
- Percolator: All percolators are different, but generally they’ll switch to the warming setting when brewing’s done!
- Tea infuser or reusable/disposable tea bag: Cover the pot or mug while it brews 10-15+ mins.
Original, Cacao, & Whole Rasa* can also be brewed on the stove.
Either place the herbs directly in a pot or into a brew bag for easy clean up. Add to boiling water, COVER THE POT, and allow them to simmer on med-low for 10-15 minutes. Strain the herbs or remove the brew bag, and drink up!*Please note that Whole Rasa *must* be brewed on the stove, or ground in a coffee grinder or high-powered blender and brewed in any of the methods above.
Not for use in a standard pour-over or drip coffee machine!
The extraction time is not long enough to get all the benefits out of the roots and mushrooms. Like so many of us, they need some solid time in hot water to unfold and offer up the good stuff.
For Cold Rasa...
2. Make Rasa cubes and pour regular-strength Rasa over Rasa cubes.
For your throwback viewing pleasure and a solid 3 minute dance party, play this on repeat and dance while you wait for your Rasa to brew!):