Rasa seeks E-commerce Rockstar (aka eComm Manager)
Are you an analytical, scrappy, ambitious, hard-working, insightful, problem-solving, self-starting, detail-killer who executes like a Rockstar? Then we like you already, and by all means, read on.
We are shifting our caffeine-crazed culture to one that is nourished and uplifted, through the power of our adaptogenic coffee and coffee alternatives. We have noticed that, in parallel, we have the potential to build a lifestyle e-commerce brand. We are doing all of this without being jerks to the earth.
We are a young and powerfully ambitious company, mission-driven yet with strong economics. As an e-commerce-first company that bridges the wellness and natural food spaces, we have a unique product and a unique strategy. We're at the forefront of a new category of foods, and we face tremendous opportunity. We have 20x’d in the last 9 months and are now break-even. We are aiming to 3x over the next three months, and double again by the end of the year. Come help drive our first 100x...and then our second.
Your job is to support our highly creative CEO & founder in doing what she does best--telling the world about Rasa.
You are an analytical and technically oriented person—though, bonus points if you’ve managed to maintain a little creative spark in that analytical brain of yours! You take responsibility for results. You experience intense pleasure from deriving insights from data, of which we have a lot. You will slice our customer data 100 ways to Sunday, sometimes on a Sunday. If you improve our cohorts by 0.3% you will experience nearly orgasmic glee and scream for joy...and then do it again tomorrow.
We want someone who will grow with Rasa for the long-term, and will thrive in our get-shit-done, results-driven, yet caring, relationship-focused culture that places high value on conscious and effective communication. We are a tight-knit team that likes to laugh a lot and have fun. We look for continuous learners who are always self-improving.
We aspire to hire entrepreneurs who will learn and grow with us, and eventually possibly spin off on their own projects—ideally invested in or even incubated by Rasa. If you have a dream of starting and owning your own business, come meet us—Rasa could be your launch pad some day.
For now our office is in a remodeled garage attic in beautiful Boulder, Colorado, and is a short walk to Chautauqua, though we anticipate outgrowing the space soon. We have an unlimited supply of our delicious adaptogenic brews. We find this keeps the office vibes positive and healthy.
Salary and benefits will be competitive, and results-based. If you get us to fall in love with you, we'll want to marry you with equity.
- Own our website operations (Shopify) and manage contractors to optimize all the KPIs that we e-commerce folks love.
- Understand & implement tech stacks necessary for best-in-class e-commerce.
- Manage our Amazon operation until it is big enough to merit a full-time manager.
- Create (and optimize, duh) shop concepts, landing pages, and funnels for key customer segments and category growth opportunities in collaboration with developers and our founder.
- Architect and engineer our nurture series (not the creative).
- Architect and engineer our email marketing (not the creative).
- You manage the execution of a social media strategy by a marketing coordinator, including a best-in-class affiliate and influencer program.
- Build a best-in-class loyalty program.
- Identify our best subscription solution, migrate, and set it up.
- Take the lead on managing our top-notch ad agency in traffic acquisition.
You will be able to prioritize this list clearly, recommend additions, and execute on it with effectiveness, efficiency, and minimal management. You know how to and love measuring the results of your hard work, so you can show them off. You understand that we are in startup mode, with startup hours, and startup levels of dedication.
People looking to be comfortable at work need not apply. This is a fast-past, exciting environment where we expect high-quality results; and we value using business as a vehicle for personal growth.
We don’t read past shitty cover letters. A thoughtful, well-researched cover letter that discusses past accomplishment and experience specifically and quantitatively will indicate capability and genuine interest. We intend to hire a Rockstar. hello@WeAreRasa.com.
We need a creative content whiz who executes like a freaking BOSS with the mega-hustle needed to jump on all the incredible and seriously fun opportunities Rasa has before it. Minimum 2 years marketing/social media experience required. Passion for health & wellness desired. You'll be doing the on-the-ground execution on our marketing strategy, and working in close collaboration with our CEO, Lopa, on things including but not limited to (this is a startup, y'all! :)
- Social media:
Instagram: help us develop content strategy and create visuals + copy for posts; drive the co-creation of a Story & IG Live strategy; engage our community with personal and thoughtful comments; manage brand partnerships and giveaways; answer DMs; understand enough about social metrics to be able to drive decisions by numbers and simple analysis; and generally be an Instagram ROCKSTAR!
- Facebook: develop content for posts, maintain and build engagemetn in our AdaptoFans Facebook Group, identify key KPIs for both the Page and the Group and execute according to those KPIs.
- Content creation: photography and copywriting for social and beyond
- Influencer & affiliate marketing: working with other members of the team and consultants, co-create an influencer strategy and build out and execute on an epic affiliate marketing program.
- Support PR execution: manage our PR agency to ensure that key deliverables are met
- Loyalty & Retention: working with other members of the team, execute on an epic loyalty and retention program to delight our customers.
- Retail onboarding & support: we are highly e-commerce focused for at least 2019, but have a steady stream of incoming requests from retailers wanting to carry Rasa. You'd be responsible for getting them on-boarded and familiar with our online portal and taking care of their needs on an ongoing basis
- Field marketing management: we have a short-list of retailers that we will be supporting more closely and doing regular demos at; you will be responsible for developing the field marketing strategy, ensuring they are up to date on talking points, getting them marketing collateral, etc.
- BONUS POINTS: Production-level design. For example, when we need to turn out a quick graphic for an email to our list or ad creative with overlaid text, etc.
Skillz & Experience
- Copywriting w/ ability to adopt our brand voice
- Adobe Suite basic-level skills desired
- Social media management
- Project management
- Creativity (duh duh duh)
- Be 80-90% creative, 10-20% analytical. Enough that you can drive creative decisions by numbers.
- SENSE OF HUMOR A MUST. Like, be really funny.
- Hustle. Hustle hustle hustle. This is one of those things that if you jump on it and fully own it, and work your ever-living butt off, you can make a HUGE positive impact on the world, earn equity, quickly grow into higher-level positions, and beyond. We're looking for the one with the spark in their eyes and the hustle in their bones that are ready to NAIL IT with us.
If this is you: email hello at we are rasa dot com with a cover letter describing WHY you're the BEST person for this role, and include a joke. So-called "Inappropriate" humor welcome. Please also include your resume (duh.)