Mucuna is known for its principle ingredient: L-Dopa, a naturally occurring amino acid which transforms into Dopamine in the Brain. Dopamine is a neurotransmitter which allows the dynamic functioning of the brain.
Higher levels of Dopamine have been linked with a feeling of joy and bliss as well as providing good sleep and balanced hormone function.
In Oriental medicine it is known to build "Jing", basically the energy stored in our kidneys, known to provide us with vital energy and primordial function. Also closely related to the energy within our DNA and overall constitution. Mucuna nourishes that connection, enlivening a very deep aspect of our soul.
Amount per container: 5oz (142g) Fine Powder
Amount of servings: 109 servings (using 1/2 tsp per serving)
Suggested Serving: 1/2-1tsp blended into Rasa (might we recommend the Mood Elevator Latte recipe?), water, smoothies, or other beverages. Can also be added to oatmeal, sprinkled on top of pancakes or yogurt, or used in baking!
Ingredients: White Mucuna seed extract powder*
*Grown in India and processed at a standardized 15% level of L-Dopa
- Studies have shown how Mucuna pruriens may help with depression. We talk about serotonin and norepinephrine much more often than dopamine when it comes to depression. But scientists are starting to realize that dopamine, usually associated with motivation and feelings of reward, may play an equally important role.
It’s not so much that low dopamine can trigger low mood. Rather, it's deficiency in specific parts of the brain and gut can trigger depressive symptoms. Low dopamine in the brains' emotional centers (mesolimbic) can cause the inability to feel pleasure, which is common in depression. Low dopamine in cognitive (mesocortical) areas can trigger a lack of motivation that people with depression also often suffer from [R+].
Animal studies have shown how its' dopamine-boosting action, a Mucuna pruriens extract improved mood and symptoms of depression in mice. It also reduced their stress levels, showing all the desired characteristics of a good antidepressant [R].
- Mucuna p. seed powder reduced psychological stress and cortisol levels in 60 infertile men after 3 months. (Studies are also showing how it helps improve male fertility!) This plant may help better manage stress but, this is limited to infertile men and may be linked to its fertility-enhancing benefits [R].
* These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product does not intend to treat or prevent any any disease.
How To Brew
- Boil water.
- Add water & Rasa to french press (1 tbsp per 8 oz of water)
- Wait 10-20 mins or instead of just waiting there, because “a watched Rasa never brews,“ you could: meditate • dance • meal prep • clean your kitchen • take a shower • play with your pet unicorn • etc.
- Pour. Sip.
We think you're going to love Rasa. But if you don't? Send it back for 100% of your money back. All you have to do is ask nicely.