Use 1 tbsp (7.5 g) per 8 oz (1c) boiling water.
(more if you like your Rasa strong!)
All you really need to brew Rasa is:
💧 Boiling Water + Time + A Way to Strain The Herbs 🌿
This can be anything from a mason jar + strainer to a drip machine to a pot on the stove + a wire colander, & many things in between! Here are our...
Top 5 Recommended Brewing Methods:
1. FRENCH PRESS: 10-15+ minute brew time. Most presses keep it plenty hot, but if you enjoy extra-hot beverages, you can cover your French press with a dish towel to keep the heat in.
2. PERCOLATOR: All percolators are different, but generally they’ll switch to the warming setting when brewing’s done!
3. MOKA POT: (aka stovetop espresso/Cuban coffee): Use 1 tbsp per shot/latte (don't pack the bottom full!)
4. ESPRESSO MACHINE: Put 1 tbsp Rasa in portafilter, do not tamp, & pull a double-double. Yes, two double shots. All machines are a bit different—you may need to experiment to find the best way for your machine!
5. DRIP MACHINE: Add the herbs TO THE CARAFE, not to the filter. Turn the machine on & add the correct amount of water (8 oz per 1 Tbsp Rasa). Allow to brew in the carafe for 10-15 mins, then pour through any fine-mesh strainer into your mug.
Re-Brew? Don’t Mind If I Do!
All the Rasas can be brewed a second time for better value. Just add a little fresh dry Rasa and brew longer for the 2nd round.
You can also brew Rasa with...
1. Aeropress: 10 minute brew time. Invert the Aeropress, press out the goods!
2. Keurig: With reusable K-cups! Use no more than 1.5 tbsp of Rasa & brew on strongest setting (ideally an espresso setting if you have one.) All machines are a bit different—you may need to experiment to find the best way for your machine! Many people also brew 2-3 times with the same herbs.
3. Turkish/Arabic coffee pot: Simmer for at least 10 mins and strain through a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth.
4. Tea infuser or reusable/disposable tea bag: Cover the pot or mug while it brews 10-15+ mins.
5. Pour over: ONLY use a pour over if you can control brew time! Otherwise you won't get a full extraction.
6. Simmering: Either place the herbs directly in a pot or into a brew bag for easy clean up. Add to boiling water, COVER THE POT, & simmer on med-low for 10-15 minutes. Strain the herbs or remove the brew bag, and drink up!
For Cold Rasa...
We don't recommend cold-brewing Rasa. Unlike coffee, these herbs need some time in hot water to fully extract their goodness! If you'd like cold Rasa, you can either:
1. Brew double-strong & pour over ice.
2. Make Rasa cubes & pour regular-strength Rasa over Rasa cubes.
3. Make it in advance & chilllllll. You can also make a large batch to store in the fridge—it keeps for up to a week in a sealed container!