It's time for some Rasa Tiramisu ya'll!
Our love for the Rasa Fam is on a new level right now. We wanted to showcase this recipe from our friend Paige. When she could no longer keep coffee a part of her routine, she turned to Rasa to fill that Tiramisu-shaped hole in her heart. Without further adieu...
“I whipped this one up between feeding the new baby, so I can promise that it’s pretty easy! Which TBH baby or no baby, it’s a win in my book. Instead of using coffee however, I switched for Rasa and cacao. Enjoy!"
- Paige, mama & Rasa enthusiast
Adaptogenic Paleo Tiramisu Ingredients
2.5 c almond meal (sub: 50/50 tigernut + coconut flour for NF)
1 c arrowroot
1/3 c coconut oil
4 room temp eggs (sub: flax)
1/3 c maple
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla
Rasa “coffee” layer:
4 tbsp Rasa OG or Dirty Rasa (or any Rasa you like!) — or coffee… You do you.
1/3 c boiling water
3-4 tbsp raw cacao powder (optional flavor/adaptogen/superfood punch)
1 can of coconut cream
1/4 cup maple
2 tsp vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix all wet ingredients in a small mixing bowl (beating the eggs together first)
- Grease a 9” baking pan (or whatever you’ve got!) with a little coconut oil.
- Pour the cake batter in and bake for around 30 minutes (it’s done when a toothpick comes out clean — or knife!).
- Cool down in the cake tin for 15-20 minutes before removing.
- Flip onto a plate (or serving dish of choice) and cut the sponge in half.
- Set aside the top layer (**you can use this for a double-layered tiramisu — aka, a more traditional version if that floats your boat!)
- Brew the rasa for 15-20 minutes (OR make it the night before for extra strength!), then add in the cacao powder and mix into a concentrate.
- Spoon the Rasa concentrate over the sponge (or use a pastry brush)
- Using a stand-up mixer, electric whisk or a hand whisk (for an arm workout!) whisk all the cream ingredients together.
- Pour cream on top of the rasa soaked cake.
- Dust with 1/3 cup cacao powder (or as much as you need/want/love)
**Add the second layer of sponge and repeat these steps (if you want a more traditional version).
Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes before serving.