Chai Spice Coffee Cake
This Chai Coffee Cake recipe combines the rich, warm flavors of chai with all of the classic coffee cake flavors. We love the intoxicating aroma of cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and ginger coming together. Ahara Ghee butter gives the cake moisture, while a Dirty Rasa glaze infuses it with a bold coffee flavor.
Enjoy with a cup of Dirty Rasa or double down on the chai with a creamy Chai Cashew Latte. Try it. It’s really the best. Have your cake and drink too! Yum…
Ingredients:For the Cake
- 1 cup Ahara Chai Spice Ghee
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk (or plant-based milk)
- 3 cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup Chai Spice Ghee
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp Dirty Rasa
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp brewed Dirty Rasa
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine melted ghee, eggs, and milk. Whisk well.
- In a larger bowl, mix flour, sugar, powder, and salt. Fold the wet ingredients into the flour mixture. Pour the batter into a parchment lined square 8 inch pan.
- Combine all ingredients for the crumb topping, mix, and crumble over the batter.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Allow to cool on wire racks for at least an hour.
- For the glaze, whisk together the chilled Koffee and powdered sugar and drizzle over the cake. Enjoy!
Recipe by @salimaskitchen