This season, gather your friends and get cozy with a fan favorite “rasape”. We partnered with our new friend @itsdevinjo to concoct this smoky delight that mixes our Golden Chai blend with extra cinnamon, vanilla, caramel and even a little non-alcoholic whiskey. We’ll be enjoying this one all fall and winter. Smokey, boozie-if-you-want-it-to-be 😉 and oh-so decadent, Smoked Chai is sure to become your new go-to mock/cocktail.
Gather the goods and get to mixin’!
This recipe will make enough for two drinks, because they’re so good you’re gonna want to share it with someone. Best mixed in a cocktail shaker and served in a fancy glass of your choosing:
- 1.5 oz Caramel flavored coffee creamer
- 3 oz Rasa Golden Chai brewed at double strength (2 tbsp. per 8 oz. of water)
- 1.5 oz NA whiskey of your choice (we used Ritual Zero Proof in this preparation)
- ~ 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- Lafaza vanilla bean seeds scraped from about 1 inch of a vanilla bean*
- Shake your heart out and pour into a glass rimmed with caramel and more cinnamon (the messier, the better)
* For extra credit, you can smoke the vanilla beans. It's relatively simple, but a little time consuming. To smoke the vanilla beans, take apple wood chippings that have been soaked and torch them in a pan. Then cover the pan, throw in the vanilla beans, and let them sit for about an hour before you scrape the vanilla into your drink.
And There You Have It
To see the recipe come together, check out our collab Reel with Devin on Instagram. If you choose to use *real* whiskey, please drink responsibly, and you choose to make the mocktail version, well please drink as much as you like 😛
And remember, you can always stock up on Golden Chai over in the shop (which is now available in 2lb Big Sexy bags!).